CodingCert.com now has a Beginners’ Coding Prep Course designed to help those that would like to explore medical coding as a career. You don’t need a Medical or a Science background for this course. Anyone can take it, any time, anywhere.
Our Beginners’ Coding Prep Course…
- is a totally asynchronous online course that can be completed any time, anywhere. Your success can only be determined by the time and effort that you wish to put in the course.
- should be completed within 12 weeks from receipt of login details. It can be shorter or longer depending on your commitment to completing the course.
- has been developed by an expert coder who has had more than 20 years of multi-specialty coding experience.
Our Beginners’ Coding Prep Course will…
- Introduce the learner to ICD-9 CM and CPT-4 Coding
- Teach the student…
- Steps to Correct Diagnosis Coding
- Understand the difference between Outpatient and Inpatient Coding
- ICD-9 CM Coding Conventions and Coding Guidelines
- ICD-9 Volume 3 Procedural Coding for the Inpatient area
- A good basic knowledge of the CPT book to include
- Evaluation & Management Services
- Operative, Procedural & Medicine Services
- Category II and III codes
- Correct Usage of Modifiers
- Conclude the session with a final exam/review
- CPT General Information & Modifiers
- Evaluation & Management
- Integumentary Surgery Coding
- Surgery Coding Overview
- Muskoloskeletal System
- Respiratory System
- Cardiovascular System
- Hemic and Lymphatic Systems
- Digestive System
- Mediastinum and Diaphragm Systems
- Auditory System
- Urinary System
- Male Urinary System
- Female Genital System
- Endocrine System
- Nervous System
- Eye and Ocular Adnexa System
- Introduction to ICD-10 CM/PCS
- Category II and III Codes
The following books are required to accompany learners as they go through the course:
- 2013 ICD-9 CM
- 2013 CPT
- 2013 HCPCS
If you are…
- someone that does not have a medical background or industry experience but wants to start a career in Medical Coding
- working in an outpatient facility or hospital but in a different department and wishes to understand and eventually practice Medical Coding
…then you should REGISTER for this course.
Register to this course for and start learning for only $650.00.
To know more about this course, feel free to get in touch with any of our Career Counselors at 866-458-2962 or email us HERE.