This continuing education course is designed to help train healthcare professionals in understanding the organization and structure of ICD-10-CM (diagnoses). It compares ICD-9, with ICD-10 diagnoses and teaching the use of General Equivalence Mappings (GEMS). It provides chapter-specific case coding, explaining the changes between the twoÂ coding conventions and guidelines for both outpatient and inpatient services. It also trains in the application of ICD-10-CM diagnoses coding.
Upon completion of this course, the healthcare professional will be able to:
1. Â Build on experience gained in coding scenarios using ICD-10-CM.
2. Â Follow ICD-10-CM coding conventions.
3. Â Apply definitions and guidelines to determine the correct code for the diagnosis.
4. Â Understand what clinical information is required for various disease processes in order to assign codes correctly to these conditions.
5. Â Understand the organizational changes that have taken place.
6. Â Identify the areas of similarities and differences between ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM.
7. Â Apply knowledge of coding principles by assigning accurate and precise codes to diagnoses that pertain to all body systems.
8. Â Build on experience gained in coding scenarios for inpatient and outpatient cases.
9. Â Understand the requirements of the General Equivalency Mapping (GEM) Tables.
10.Â Understand how to code diagnoses using ICD-10 CM.
- This course is a totally asynchronous course that should be completed within 8 weeks.
- The course can be accessed ANYTIME, ANYWHERE.
- To complete the course, the learner must pass the Final Exam with a score of 70% and up.
- Downloadable notes and other reference materials are available to the learner.
If you are…
- Healthcare providers such as Doctors
- working in a function related to Medical Coding and Billing
Register for this course with the following packages:
- Online ICD-10 CM Training Course — $450.00
- Online ICD-10 CM/PCS Training Course — $600.00
- Additional 3-day Access — $125.00
- Additional 5-day Access — $200.00
Feel free to contact any of our Certification Specialists Â at 866-458-2962 orÂ email usÂ to know more about our Online ICD-10-CM Training.
Â *This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 5.0 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.