This continuing education course is designed to help train hospital and other facility healthcare professionals in understanding the organization and structure of ICD-10-PCS (procedure) inpatient coding. It compares ICD-9, with ICD-10 procedure codes and teaching how to â€œcross-walkâ€ from the ICD-9 to the ICD-10 PCS codes using the General Equivalence Mappings (GEMS).
It provides case coding, explaining the changes between the two procedure coding conventions and guidelines. It also trains in the application of ICD-10 PCS coding.
Upon completion of this course, the healthcare professional will be able to:
1. Build on experience gained in coding scenarios using ICD-10-PCS.
2. Follow ICD-10-PCS â€œmulti-axialâ€ coding structure and conventions.
3. Apply definitions and guidelines to determine the correct code for the procedure(s).
4. Understand the importance of anatomy and laterality in ICD-10-PCS.
5. Identify the areas of similarities and differences between ICD-9 and ICD-10-PCS.
6. Apply knowledge of procedure coding principles by assigning accurate and precise codes that matches the
7. Understand the requirements of the General Equivalency Mapping (GEM) Tables for ICD-10-PCS.
8. Understand how to code procedures using ICD-10-PCS references.
- This course is a totally asynchronous course that should be completed within 2 weeks.
- The course can be accessed ANYTIME, ANYWHERE.
- To complete the course, the learner must pass the Final Exam with a score of 70% and up.
- Downloadable notes and other reference materials are available to the learner.
If you areâ€¦
- Healthcare providers such as Doctors
- working in a function related to Medical Coding and Billing
…then YOU should REGISTER for this course.
Register for this course with the following packages:
- Online ICD-10 PCS Training Course â€” $300.00
- Online ICD-10 CM/PCS Training Course â€” $600.00
- Additional 3-day Access â€” $125.00
- Additional 5-day Access â€” $200.00
Feel free to contact any of our Certification Specialists at 866-458-2962 orÂ email usÂ to know more about our Online ICD-10-PCS Training.
*This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 1.5 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.