On January 1, 2012, four Medicare correct coding policy changes appeared in the revision to the National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI) policy manual. Two of these changes will have a major impact on your revenue from immunohistochemistry testing and prostate needle biopsies. In order to avoid payer and Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) denials, you will need to have a thorough understanding of these changes.
Join Dennis Padget, MBA, CPA, FHFMA in this 90-minute webinar as he provides detailed information you need to stay up to date with the NCCI policies affecting pathologists this year.
After attending this learning session, participants will be able to:
- Fully describe the four principal National Correct Coding Initiative policy changes that affect pathologists in 2012
- Properly code Medicare CMS-1500 claims that include immunohistochemistry antibody charges
- Describe when prostate saturation biopsy HCPCS codes G0416-G0419 are reported instead of CPT code 88305 with a unit count
- Know Medicare’s pending rule change for Place of Service coding
- Understand the pending expiration of the pathology TC-bundling exception for “grandfathered” hospitals
If you are…
- Histology Laboratory Managers
- Pathology Practice Managers
- Pathology Billing & Coding Personnel
…then YOU should join us for this web event.
*This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 1.5 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
You may also get in touch with any of our Career Counselors by calling 866-458-2962 or email us HERE.
About the speaker:
Mr. Padget is President and founder of DLPadget Enterprises, Inc. in The Villages, Florida. He is the author of Pathology Service Coding Handbook, which his company publishes as an Internet-based electronic text. Mr. Padget is a Certified Public Accountant and a Fellow in the Healthcare Financial Management Association. He has an MBA degree from the University of Chicago and a BA degree from the University of Northern Iowa. Mr. Padget is a member of the Healthcare Financial Management Association, the American Health Lawyers Association, and the Editorial Advisory Board of Pathology/Lab Coding Alert. He is a frequent speaker at state and national pathology and laboratory professional association meetings and has published several articles on hospital and physician payment, compliance and accounting issues.
Prior to his retirement from active consulting at the end of 2003, Mr. Padget headed Padget & Associates, a pathology and laboratory financial management and compliance advisory firm. During its nearly 23-year existence Padget & Associates served several hundred physician practices, independent laboratories, medical billing agencies, and hospitals in about 40 states. The firm specialized in: healthcare compliance plan development and management; anatomical and clinical pathology CPT charge and ICD-9-CM diagnosis coding evaluation and update studies; third-party, managed care, and hospital contracting; laboratory and pathology joint venturing and outsourcing; and pathology group integration planning and implementation.
You might also be interested in these other products:
- Online Coder Certification Training Course
- Online ICD-10 Training
- “HIPAA 5010 — Are You Ready?
- “Maintaining Compliance with the OIG”
- “Be Sure You’re Measuring The Right Thing to Earn You’re PQRS Bonus”
- “Seven Times the Fun: ICD-10-CM in the Pathology Suite”
- On-Demand Webinars