With the addition of OB hospitalists and Maternal Fetal Medicine specialties, many services are provided outside the Global maternity package. If your office is performing ancillary services, your providers will need to have this important billing and documentation information to enhance the flow of revenue through their practice.
Join expert speaker, Lori Lynn Webb, CPC, CCS-P, CCP, CHDA, COBG, on May 23, 2012 at 12nn (ET) for this 90-minute webinar as she talks about Ancillary OB Services such as the Fetal Non-Stress Tests, Cephalic Version, OB Cerclage and Outpatient Labor Services that are NOT included within the standard OB/GYN maternity package. Aside from this, she will talk about:
- what the service is, what needs to be reported for documentation (i.e. op reports etc) , the procedure itself, diagnosis codes to include modifiers used for billing these ancillary services
- appropriate coding/billing guidelines for place of service 11 (Office) Place of service 22 (outpatient hospital) and Place of service 21 (inpatient hospital)
- what can/can-not be billed in coordination with a global maternity package
- how to audit and report the ancillary services (such as FNST, Cephalic Version, Cerclage, and Outpatient hospital stays) to 3rd party insurance payers
If you are:
- Clinical personnel such as RN/LPN/MA’s
- Physician and Mid-level providers
- Office Mgrs and Coding/Billing Staff
Check out this webinar!
You can get in touch with any of our Career Counselors at 866-458-2962. You may also email us to know more about this webinar.
*This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 1.5 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
About the speaker:
She is a Specialty based E&M, and Procedure Coding, Compliance, Data Charge entry analyst and HIPAA Privacy specialist. Over the last 20 years she has successfully conducted pre-payment, post-payment and audit charge services for medical providers and insurance payers. She has worked closely with contracted 3rd party insurance payers for successful reimbursement outcomes. She has experience with both inpatient and outpatient coding for physician based, and hospital based providers and facilities. in addition to supervising coding and clinical staff.
Ms. Webb contributes educational based coding articles and educational updates for national coding publications. She has her own ‘Lori-Lynne’s coding coach blog’ and is the coding resource for obgynhospitalist.com . She has presented at the National AHIMA and AAPC conferences, IdHIMA (State of Idaho) conferences, and local AAPC chapters. She is an AHIMA ACE mentor, teaches CPT4, ICD-9 & 10, HCPCS, and is an AHIMA accredited ICD-10 Certified Trainer. Her major specialty is Women’s Services. This includes Maternal Fetal Medicine, OB/GYN office and facility, OB/GYN Hospitalist Labor/Trauma Services, OB/GYN Oncology, Urology, and General surgical coding.