With the challenges that many offices face with billing, having more information on how to go about this correctly creates a more streamlined process and makes your billing functions efficient. This is timely as third-party providers are cutting off reimbursements due to difficult economic times.
Join expert speaker Lori Lynne Webb, CPC, CCS-P, CCP, CHDA, COBGC, AHIMA Certified ICD-10 Trainer in this 1st in a 2-part series as she discusses the basics of what needs to happen for medical care billing with the CMS 1500 form. Aside from these, she will also be talking about:
- Understanding what a CMS 1500 is
- a step-by-step approach to collecting the data needed to bill for medical care provided to patients in an office or an outpatient physician based setting.
- an in-depth look at the criteria and requirements to submitting a correct CMS 1500 form
- How to correctly and completely fill out the form
- Understanding the billing errors/denials that occur based on incorrectly completed forms
If you are…
- Small Physician or Provider Offices
- New Providers to Medical Billing
- Front Office Staff such as Receptionists, Coders, Office Managers, Clinical assistive staff such as Nursing Assistants, Medical Assistants, Nurses and technical/clinical assistive personnel & even MD’s, DO’s etc. if you are in a single-small provider office
…then YOU should join us.
After registering, get in touch with our Career Counselors at 866-458-2962 to know the password to download the handouts HERE.
This program has been approved for 5 continuing education unit(s) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
*This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 1.5 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
You may also get in touch with any of our Career Counselors by calling 866-458-2962 or email us to know more about this webinar.
About the speaker:
Lori-Lynne is an independent coding, compliance, and auditing specialist. She has 20+ years of multi-specialty coding experience and teaches coding, compliance, auditing and billing skills for clinical and clerical staff, utilizing AMA and AHIMA curriculum. She specializes in Women’s OB/GYN services, Maternal Fetal Ultrasound Services, Urology and General Surgical procedures, to include physician based and hospital based services.
In addition, Lori-Lynne is a contributing author & nationally recognized presenter for CodingCert.com, AHIMA, IdHIMA, AAPC and many other organizations. She also has an informative blog for coding assistance that can be found at Lori-Lynne’s coding coach blog.